Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resp and onto more ADD Medicine

One week of resp medicine down... including a Friday night call and 7:30am post-take ward rounds (yeah... on Saturday). I never knew the hospital could be so quiet. And yes, I know I was on a study strike. But it wasn't a keener strike. And my boss really really really really really likes his students to be present for post-take ward rounds (read: be there or else).

Other things ticked off the docket include changing my name on my diploma (I really wanted my middle name there), getting my yearbook picture taken, writing a blurb for the yearbook (for surgsoc), and a trip to Ikea for some extra wine glasses. Tomorrow, I'll "break" the study strike to do some ECP reading. But I figure that's about all the work I'll do this week, so it's ok. I think this week long ethics/communications course is going to be... amusing? Just based on the group I'll be in with, should be either intense and challenging, or an absolute gong show. I've my fingers crossed for a gong show. Bring it on. Now, if only the boys will behave themselves... maybe just a little bit?

I'm glad to have an easy week of work though. I'm still getting over the exaustion of exams. Stupid exams. By the end of this week, mom is in town and I plan to be firing on all cylinders. Can't wait for mom time. Perhaps I'll get the car fixed before I go pick her up from the airport...

No comments: