Sunday, March 27, 2011

Stay of execution or more anticipation... either way, it's killing me

So, as some of you know, I was on a week long holiday this past week. It was very very much needed. I was exhausted, overworked, and stressed out. I didn't do anything in particular with this week off. I cleaned a bit (not enough), I baked a bit (not too much), I had a few tennis matches (getting back into the swing... ha), I slept a lot... I remained slightly stressed out. But I certainly don't really feel like going back to work tomorrow.

As slightly more of you know, last Wednesday RCPI announced their 1st round offers for SHO. The emails came out in the early evening, well after the close of normal business hours. I was expecting that. But it didn't make the wait any easier. I have 3 very brief things to say about the results. 1) I did get a job offer, and I've accepted provisionally depending on the 2nd round. 2) While it took a few hours (and maybe a few drinks) to get my head around it, no matter what happens in the 2nd round, I'm happy with the job I have (or with whatever I may get). 3) The number of people that did not get an offer in the 1st round was shocking. I have a few friends that didn't get any offers, which is insane. They are ridiculously qualified individuals. And I have more friends that didn't get anything near their higher picks, some of whom truly deserve it.

So now we wait again... I feel like the next two weeks will pass a bit faster than the past few, and some of that is anticipating the job change in April. I need a change of scenery (and my apologies to John, I wish you had the same impending relief). The heart-wrenching thing is that with everything that's been going on in the past three weeks, there's one person that I keep wanting to tell, wanting to talk to... And I can't. It's not even that I'm angry, I'm just disappointed... It makes me sad... It makes my heart hurt.

So I've been distracting myself as best I can. I'm starting to study again (so much for the one year of no study), I've been playing more tennis than usual with 3 matches or drill per week. We had team tennis finals just this Thursday (go The Who!... yeah, we won), and I made little tennis ball cupcakes for the after party (bit messier than my normal work, but people loved them anyway). And in my head, I'm preparing myself for a massive change in July... Massive. But I'm not sure it's coming. I will wait on April 13th before committing to it fully. But change is on the way...

1 comment:

Shinners said...

Liz & Sin do OLOL tomorrow chick! See you for tea... I'll be the green midget.