Monday, March 21, 2011

Like a top

Day 1 into my week off... I've half cleaned my kitchen, done 2 loads of laundry, gotten a much needed haircut, had a fight with my scanner, coffee with Sinead, and baked my first trial of cinnamon rolls (not exactly cinnabon, but damn close). It was a labour of love, and the recipe had to be modified, because I don't really know what they meant by "bread flour" (... not to be confused with plain flour which was also called for), and they don't really "do" margarine here in Ireland. Also, I don't have a kitchen-aid mixer yet. YET. And they suggested that it was necessary for the frosting. As per the above picture, I strongly disagree. My frosting tastes fantastic, and it was hand mixed (as is everything else I make at the moment). All these recipes that require dough to rise for an hour, then to be rolled/cut and prove again... It's a trial for me. I don't like waiting. INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

Now comes the important question... I've only filled the first 24 hours of what will probably be a 36 hour wait. What the hell am I going to do tomorrow?! My flat is going to be glistening clean. I'm going to sort a bunch of bank stuff. I'm going to "sleep in" as much as that's possible for me. But then what do I do after 11am tomorrow?! Waiting kills me. I feel like I'm getting wound tighter and tighter. It's giving me ulcers. This needs to be over. ... So here's another shot of yummy warm cinnamon rolls. Distraction.

1 comment:

Erica said...

They look delish! Bread flour has more gluten then all-purpose flour. There's a product you can buy (at least here in the states) called Gluten Additive; add 1 TBS to each Cup of all-purpose flour and you've got bread flour :-)