Monday, May 30, 2011

Lemony Fresh!

Well... I'm on a week long holiday. It's just about noon. And I'm already kinda bored... What is wrong with me?!

Ok, let's be fair. I'm not bored. I'm actually working on recovering from 4 calls in 6 days... and this strange mini-plague I picked up my last night on call. I got home Saturday morning, had a fry-up with Amit, then passed out from noon until 5. I think I finally woke up for some food... Slept all night anyway. And I slept most of yesterday. Apparently I needed sleep.

Once sleep is done, cleaning, paperwork, and baking comes next! Also on the schedule, re-insuring my car, finishing my SHO paperwork, boozy lunch with Bren, numerous coffees with Sinead (plus seeing her in her GRAD ROBES!!! WOOT!), chilling with Greer, Cake with Des ('cause it's his birthday, and I plan on making him fat). By the end of this week, I plan on having a fresh polish on everything (my house, my car, myself!)... Spring-cleaned and lemony fresh!

I had a chance to catch up (briefly and loudly) with Lianne when she was in town, which was great! I wish we'd had more time, but she was minding her boy (who was borderline insane with stress) and I was on call. But it's great to catch up with everyone, even if it is rare and quick. We get to compare notes and see where the careers are heading... I still think we're all pretty cool. (Though Lianne is super cool... It's true, she just is).

Then just for smiles, I was briefly minding Luke yesterday. He's gotten SO big! But he is just about the most chilled out baby I've ever met. Totally calm for mass and a bbq with about a dozen loud people... and even without a nap, clearly tired as heck, he was an absolute trooper. And he really liked the aglets on Des' hoodie... A little bit of baby drool never hurt anyone, and it's in the wash now!
PS: Can't wait to get back to paeds...

No comments: