Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Papi is Back!

Yeah... I'm a Sox fan. Who do I root for? The Sox, sometimes the Twins, and whoever's playing the Yankees. (Old joke that never gets old)

I think Youk should have punched Chamberlain in the head. I know Beckett was ready to go. I think Bucholtz looks like he's 12. I think Lester pitches a mad game. And I'm glad Papi's back and in working order. He's a major offensive threat, he's a stand-up guy, and he keeps Manny in line. With Papi back in the line up, they have to pitch to him or Manny, and for some reason, Manny hits better with Papi around. What do I think about Manny? He's not going to be traded by the deadline, he's too much of a hassle. He produces from time-to-time when he's actually in the game and he causes problems off the field. What do I think the Sox should do with him? Keep him until the end of the season and don't pick up the option. Let him go. He's been great, so was Nomar... but let it go. Frees up $20mil for other players (like another bat, or some mid-relievers). But you know what... I love Sox Baseball. Thank God I have a slingbox for next year. I don't know what I'd do without baseball and college football for another year. Good thing I can study with sports on in the background, eh?


Marathon Week #5: 7/21-7/27
This was the first week I was actually on schedule for my runs. As such, I was reminded of how much I hate Thursdays. Friday is a rest day, Monday is crosstraining, so it's not actually a day off. That means that by the time Thursday rolls around, I haven't had a break for 6 days. If I'm not on schedule (ie: I took a rest day on like Tuesday because of a sore muscle or rain out), I may not have had a day off for 10 days. That's what this Thursday was... the 3 miler that should have been cake was brutal. Plus, I've started weights on Mondays and Thursdays, so my muscles are adjusting to that too. Good news, Bad news time. Good news: I ran every day this week that I was supposed to. Bad news: my Sunday 14-mile run didn't happen. I had to call it at about 7 miles due to rain (and I don't mean that it was sprinkling... it was an absolute downpour about 5 miles in. I had to wait it out because I couldn't see... then I cramped up because I was standing still as the temp dropped about 5 degrees... so I called it at 7 miles when I got back to my car). I think I'll divvy up those extra 7 miles over the rest of this week to cover them. But I really need to hit my long runs. I think this week is like 15 miles... rock.

USMLE Update:
I've been working on my Resp med since that's what I really suck at (according to NBME) I've thrown in a little biochem here and there where I've been able to tolerate it. I think this week i'm going to focus on some Cardio... I'm still having trouble studying. It doesn't help that I'm between houses and putting up with various scheduled fix it moments. My pets are very demanding. And I'm very easily distracted. *Sigh* But there's only 5 weeks left. Time to kick it into high gear.

Summer Soundtrack:
  1. Life in a Nutshell - Barenaked Ladies
  2. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
  3. How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty
  4. In Da Club - 50 cent
  5. Handlebars - Flobots (I think I really like this song... I haven't quite decided. There are moments that are very tongue-in-cheek and extremely American. So, until I decide whether I love or hate this song, it's going on week 5 of the summer soundtrack)

1 comment:

EducatedNobody said...

Ah usmle resp....Suckage.....Welcome to blogspot....

this is my attempt at USMLE guidence

http://www.educatednobody.com/2008/07/usmle-step-1-study-guide-by-hairy.html

Brett