Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home sweet pasty legged fools :)

Just off the plane in Boston and I notice a few things in the first moments in the ol' US of A...

1) Americans = much more comfortable in shorts than the Irish. I was actually a tiny bit weirded out by the amount of leg I was seeing. Ps: Anyone not in shorts is in jeans. Maybe this is just Boston.

2) People I talk to when I travel often ask me if I'm heading home. I'm starting to find this a difficult question to answer. A few of my friends know that if I say "I'm going home." I mean my place in Dublin. But if I say "Home-home" I mean actually going to the States (which may not even be MN home, just State-side)... When did the definition of home become so complicated, and when does it start to make sense again?

3) American news stations... They have all lost the plot. I mean, really, all of them. Can someone please tell me what's going on in the world without completely covering with your taint (and yes, I mean that both ways). In addition, most of the politicians are also 8 shades of crazy.

4) If Amit thinks I'm loud and angry... He needs to visit the States more.

No comments: