Thursday, December 10, 2009

Revisiting

So... I'm going to post my Christmas Fellowship reflection here tomorrow (I figure it's only fair to wait until I've actually given it before putting it up here). In the mean time, I've been a bit lax in this blog. Mea Culpa. Not gonna lie, final med is way busy. I've been burning the candle at both ends (and in the middle too). Basically haven't slept much in the past 3 weeks. Running around like crazy. And when I actually had a day off, I slept till noon. And think about it. When do I EVER sleep until noon? More on that later.

For now, I was cleaning up my room and came across something I haven't seen in ages. It's a song I wrote maybe 6 years ago. I'd forgotten that it was something I enjoyed. Maybe it's about time I get back to that. I think I'll have to wait until final med is over to really give it any time... So until that happens, here's one from the archives (and yes, it's very God-ish. But it's one of the better things I think I've ever written... really ought to put it to music).

Dancing in the Trenches
I stumble and I fall, but your Simon picks me up
He shares with me the Body and we drink from Your cup
Lost and blindly wandering I hear you calling me to be
A child in the journey, faith realised in me
When all is forgiven in infinite true love
No matter how I falter, you are there to pick me up

When I am witness to your glory
Fill every corner of my soul
Your Grace will cure my stumble
Your Love it makes me whole
And I fall down to my knees
The beauty of your Truth
The gift of being human
Heaven comes to life in you

Your Love is an ocean, let it wash on over me
Crash into the shores, drag me out to sea
I'm not afraid of swimming, I'm not afraid to be
A member of your family, the hands of His community
When all around is darkness, let me reflect your Love
Glowing like a stained glass, shining in the night

Here on Earth
We will praise your name
Dance along the trenches
Light the darknened way
We will share you Love
We will swim in your sea
We will teach your Word
We will bring you Peace
By Word and by Land
By Song and by Sea
Dancing in the trenches
As we are called to be

Celebrate life
Live in the Love
Dance in the trenches
To the songs of heaven above

Dance in the trenches
To the songs of heaven above

No comments: