Saturday, August 29, 2009

Deep Breath!

I'm on the down stroke of energy as I've just finished a one month elective at Children's Hospital in the ED. It was a fantastic elective. I saw a great many things, and everyone I worked with was lovely (very willing to teach and offer constructive criticism and they were great). I can't say there was anyone I didn't get on with.

I am now about 98% sure I'm heading into pediatrics. Now... that's not exactly a complete decision since there are just about a million specialties within peds. And I'm not saying that surgery is off the table... but... well... I dunno. I really really love ED. It seems to fit so well. Almost as well as peds fits. So lord only knows what I'm going to do now.

I'm wrapping up my life here in the States and gearing up to head back to Ireland. Final Med... bring it! I'm going to have to hit the ground running on this one since I'm a week late. But, I think I can handle it. Play like a champion... play to win.

No comments: