Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ok. So this year I made the decision not to make any resolutions. No list of rules. No restrictions. No ridiculous goals (and no... probably not another marathon... but don't hold me to that, because I didn't make a resolution NOT to run a marathon). Instead, I wrote a letter to myself. Yeah, weird right. I know. But it was actually a fun thing to do. I took a piece of paper, addressed it to me, and wrote to me. I said some nice things to me about me. I made a few comments about how I did last year. I made some suggestions for next year. And mostly, I told me to be nice to me. Neat, eh? I thought it was cool. And no, Annie, I'm not going to kill any snow lepoards.

I'm not going to put the letter up here. Sorry, it's kinda personal. But what I will do is post my list of new years songs on the side bar. That's right, to over-shadow the summer soundtrack, there's a NEW YEARS PLAYLIST! Rock on. There's a bit of attitude in it... that's cause I've been feeling a little sassy. But I started off new years day, in the gym, rocking out to this mix. Enjoy!

In other news, my rotation on Psychiatry is officially over. I'm grateful for this. I did not enjoy it. The teachers and tutors were great, and supportive, and encouraging, and excited about psych... but there's something about having a chair thrown at me that just puts me off. I wouldn't cut it in psych. Give me blood and guts and a knife and a needle and thread. Liz would be happy. Crazy people make Liz more crazy than she already is, and we don't need that... Look, I'm talking in 3rd person.

But, because I feel the need to make a tribute to psych, here is my parting contribution.

HOW NOT TO TALK SOMEONE DOWN

Worst Suicide Intervention Ever -- powered by Cracked.com

No comments: