Sunday, September 7, 2008

T-minus 10 days

This week started strong and wound up in the gutter. After Wednesday, the only time I felt reasonably ok was during the ND football game on Sat (and then, it had nothing to do with what I was watching on the big screen). I have, unfortunately, come down with something of a late summer flu... which set off a series of migraines... which, because of the low-grade fever and aches, don't seem to respond to my normal anti-migraine action... which makes it really hard to read... which means that studying has been near impossible... And that I've been feeling like crap.

I've decided to handle this with the grace and poise of a sick 5 year old and just stay in bed and pout. Plus, I've scheduled a deep tissue massage for tomorrow to help ward off further migraines. So... shit rolls downhill, and this stupid little flu has affected my major summer efforts.

Marathon Week #11: 9/1-9/7
After a light week last week, I attacked this week to hit every run, and I was doing really well. I felt great after the 5 mile runs, and actually really good after 10 miles. This is a little inpart to the change in weather that brought the 6am temp down to 50. BUT... after my run and lift on Thursday, I came down with a fever, malaise, and myalgias. (look at me talk med-jibberish) Friday is my day off, so I did some lite stretching, but I really crashed friday mid-day. That meant no early morning on Sat, no 10 miles on Sat, and certainly no 20 miles today. I was feeling much much better today, but crashed at about 3pm. I'm going to do a light cross train tomorrow, maybe a little lifting and decide if I'm going to run on Tuesday based on how I feel after the massage.

USMLE Update:
Again, studied strong Mon-Thurs... then came the migraines which mean blurry vision. Anyway, I'm pretty much gearing up to take this test. I don't feel like I'm 100% prepared, but I don't think I'll ever be. But I feel like I'm preparing to take this test rather than trying to not fail. It's a much better place to be than I was before.

Summer Soundtrack:
  1. Life in a Nutshell - Barenaked Ladies
  2. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
  3. How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty
  4. In Da Club - 50 cent
  5. Handlebars - Flobots
  6. When I Grow Up - Pussycay Dolls
  7. Time to Pretend - MGMT
  8. Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
  9. Troublemaker - Weezer
  10. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
  11. Paper Planes - M.I.A (Great song... note to self: don't cruise around downtown Mpls while the convention is going on and the cops are out with this blasting from the car... Cops don't like the sound of gunshots.)

No comments: