Wednesday, March 5, 2008

In like a Lion

Sometimes there are these days that remind me to be human. It sounds weird, I know. But let's see if I can make sense of this. Sunday, I did a good deal of studying. I'm still behind from all the chaos I was working in the past few weeks, but we're starting a new module (Neuro/Musculoskeletal Pathology) and so far, I'm feeling like I'm in a zone. Granted, the 4 years at ND studying Psych from a physiological/cognitive standpoint should give me a leg up.

But before I got to studying, I walked into town, taking my time to arrive at the designated study cafe. I find it hard to take my time, to move through a city without appearing to have some place to be. It's obviously not healthy to have to rush everywhere, and yet I seem to find reason to do this ALL THE TIME! I won't go so far as to say I'm going to give up rushing for Lent, but let's just say I'm adding it to my to-do list. I was reasonably productive in spite of taking the half hour walk into town and the nice long chat with my mom in the middle of the study session.


I was hoping to get out to Zurich for the beginning of my March break, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen this time around. I was looking forward to rocking out with Drew for a bit, but now I'm looking to see if May might be a possibility. In the mean time, it's Edinburgh with my mom at the end of March. And that will be great.

Just a nod to the crazy march weather we've got out here in Dublin. On Monday, on my way home, I experienced about every form of precipitation. And by experienced, I mean I was hit on the head with rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail, "wintry mix." It was only a 5 minute walk... bizarre!

Peace,
~Liz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take it eaz where you can Dr. Liz. You are one of the most wonderful humans I know and you deserve to travel at ease and moments just to breathe.