Saturday, March 31, 2012

Summer in March? Wtf, weather. Wtf.

On the heels of daylight savings Sunday, we had an insanely early week of summer here in Dublin. As in, I played tennis on Sunday with clear, sunny skies and nearly 80 degree heat. We had to break after the first set (which, for the record, all but 2 games went to deuce and the set went to tie-break) to refill our water bottles. The extra hour of daylight in the evening is noticeable and very welcome, and the light in the mornings is making it far easier to get up.

Sunrise from the NICU
In the spirit of the daylight and getting ready to move house, I'm taking some time this weekend for a massive spring clean. Bedroom needs to be vacuumed, the sheets just got cleaned in a fantastic "freshener wash," the wardrobe needs to be pared down. I'm dropping a few bags of stuff (clothes, etc.) off at Simon to clear some space for the boxes I'm going to begin to pack. I'm trying to finish my e-logbook (the bane of my existence at the moment) as well.

Things are busy in April. Very busy. And while I have a week off at the end of April, it's a study week for the exam in May. In the middle of that, there's the end of year BST review, the Irish Paediatric Association meeting (with presentation), and Ben's exam and BIG BRITHDAY! ... which happens to coincide with the IPA in Belfast... boo. And as my fellow American's know, it's also tax season, which is super extra bonus fun when you live and work in a foreign country.

So here's to being super extra uber productive for the next month. Roll on April (and roll on May...) I feel like it's going to be June before I blink. Here's to spring! And here's to there being another week of summer sometime this summer (please).

No comments: