Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back from Travels

I'd put it off before, so just a few comments about my little trip State-side.
I landed in Logan on Saturday (the same day my mom got in) and we drove down to Humarock. I hadn't been to Humarock in about 9 years, but this is the place I'd been every summer growing up. And it seemed unchanged.
I was there with my parents until Thursday. The daily schedule was pretty much locked in. Up around 6am (thank you jet lag) for coffee, reading the newspaper, and watching the sunrise over the atlantic with my dad. We had fantastic weather the whole time, and I didn't miss a single sunrise due to weather.

My mom would get up around 8, and there'd be more of a proper breakfast, then general nonsense until lunch. We'd either make lunch, or go out for lunch, or eat left-overs for lunch. In the afternoon, my mom and took walks up and down the beach. Or we would visit friends, or go to a movie, or meet the MacArthur's new twin grandkids (sooo cute), or get ready to have friends over for dinner/go out to dinner. And the sunsets out the back of the cottage and over the river were also wonderful to watch. It was a great time. Very very relaxing, and necessary. I needed a proper break. There were a few necessities to accomplish while there as well. I got the bridesmaid dress taken in, I got my hair cut, I slept a lot, I rented a car...

On Thursday, I headed into Boston. The 'rents had an early flight back to MN and I had to make tracks up to Hanover for a wedding. I met up with my friend Thom Thursday night for a catch up and cup of coffee. He's absolutely flying, landed a bit of a dream job, Boston suits him, and he's apparently turned into something of a ladies' man (sorry Aido). My parents left for a 6am flight on Friday morning, so I had a fantastic lie-in, picked up the rental, and drove up into the mountains. The weather turned a bit nasty half-way up, but nothing too disastrous.
Friday evening was the rehearsal and grooms dinner. Saturday the wedding. Now, I had pictures of the girls getting ready, and some of the leaves changing... but I stupidly broke the SD card out of my phone, so I've only one picture from the wedding (I backed everything up just before driving out of Boston...). And that picture is now my profile here. I will say that the wedding was lovely, the bride was beautiful, the reception was a blast. And I'm waiting for my friends to email me their photos :)
Sunday night, hopped a red-eye out of Logan, landed 5:30am in Dublin, went straight to the mont, showered, and started work just before 7am... It has been a bit of a blur since. I've been working solo for 2 weeks, this second week without an SHO on top of the co-intern being away. I'm a bit tired now...

Next round of traveling: December for home!

1 comment:

Bausch Family said...

Liz,
Wow. I miss Humarock myself. I keep telling my kids we are going on a vacation there. Thanks for sharing your travels. It makes me yearn for them as well.